- When are jobs posted?
We post vacancies on an as needed basis. Please check the website regularly or feel free to sign up for RSS feeds to receive notification of when new positions are posted. Academic competitions are posted to coincide with the academic year, usually in March/April for August hires.
- There are currently no postings on the website. Can I submit my resume anyway?
Conestoga College does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please apply for open competitions only.
- I saw a posting on another site but it is not on your website….can I still apply?
If it is not on our site, it is not an active competition. Some job posting sites post without our knowledge and do not always remove once the application deadline has passed.
- What do you mean by “an internal candidate?”
For support staff positions, internal candidates are defined by the Support Staff Collective Agreement (Article 17) as bargaining unit employees. For academic positions, internal candidates are defined by the Academic Collective Agreement (Article 27.11B) as current full-time professors and partial-load professors who have an active contract, or who have had a contract in the month previous to the posting date.
- Can I submit my cover letter and resume separately?
Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file. You will need to copy and paste your cover letter at the beginning of your resume and save the combined document as a single file. Acceptable files are: .doc, .docx, .pdf, and .zip.
- Who should I address my cover letter to?
Applications can be addressed to: Manager, Recruitment & Benefits.
- Can I make changes, additions or deletions to my resume once it is submitted?
Once you have submitted your resume, you will not be able to edit or change it, so please proofread it carefully. If you wish to resubmit your application you must contact Human Resources if you wish your first resume to be deleted.
- How will I know if my application has been received?
Once you have uploaded your resume and cover letter, you will see a screen confirming it has been received successfully. This is your confirmation that your application has been received.
- Can I drop off my resume in person, fax or email it?
No, please used our online application system to apply for an open competition.
- When can I expect to hear if I have been selected for an interview?
Competition timelines vary; there is no standard time period for notification. You will be contacted if you have been selected for an interview.
- I am having a problem with my application. What are some troubleshooting tips?
- If you are a part-time employee, there may be an issue with your passwords and log in….contact the IT help desk at ext 3444 and ask them to sync your passwords.
- Please ensure your file is a .doc, .docx, .pdf, or .zip file
- Make sure there are no special characters in the file name (hyphens, spaces, commas, numbers, etc).
- Make sure the file is closed before you upload it.
- Ensure the file is in an easy location i.e. your desktop... a file that you have to click on numerous folders to get to may result in difficulties in the upload portion.