Men’s Head Basketball Coach
Athletics and Recreation Centre
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Tuesday, March 21, 2017 (midnight)
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Athletics & Recreation, the Head Basketball coach is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the technical, tactical and physical curriculum which prepares the student athlete for successful competition within the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA) and the Canadian Colleges Athletic Association (CCAA). This is a Part Time position which requires evening, weekend and periodic weekday day time hours.
- Developing the overall program plan for Men’s Basketball, including a yearly plan and daily practice plans
- Preparing of offensive and defensive strategies and systems
- Leading practices and traveling with the team to away games including overnight trips
- Identifying and recruiting of strong prospective athletic and academic student athletes
- Maintaining effective communications and administrative practices amongst coaches, players, athletic and facility staff
- Complete adherence to and support of OCAA, CCAA and Conestoga Policies and procedures
- Organizing and operating of related competitions and activities to raise funds for the program in cooperation with Athletics Staff (e.g. Tournaments, clinics, etc.)
General Aspects of the Program
- Competitive league play begins in late October and runs to February with Provincial Championships in late February and the National Championship in March
- The team will practice 3 times a week (1.5 hours/practice) and actively participate in Strength and Conditioning Programs
- League games will generally be scheduled on weekday evenings and weekends, with 8-9 league games through the first semester, and 8-9 league games through the second semester, followed by Provincials and Nationals
- Support personnel includes 2 assistant coach(es), a team manager, and a team therapist who is present at all practices and games
- The Head Coach must be of good character; have a minimum of 5 years of coaching experience with 16 to 21 year olds; NCCP Level 2 practical, technical and theory or equivalent is preferred (e.g. Canada Basketball, Train to Compete); have exceptional interpersonal communication skills; sound administrative skills; strong motivational abilities and a commitment to fair play and will represent Conestoga professionally at all times.
- The candidate must hold values consistent with those of Conestoga College in developing student athletes with strong academic standards while developing a competitive Men’s Basketball program.
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.