Human Resources Assistant
$50,280.00 - $62,851.00
Friday, March 10, 2017
Wednesday, March 22, 2017 (midnight)
We require a qualified individual to join the Human Resources team to interact with all visitors to the department, handle general telephone and email inquiries, and as required assist with employment contracts and payroll functions. The incumbent will be expected to provide professional, confidential clerical support.
- Greet visitors to the Employee Services Building & HR, provide directions and information on parking as well as general college services and activities
- Respond to email (departmental and own) as well as walk-in and phone inquiries
- As necessary redirect questions to appropriate staff
- Distribute department mail and prepare outgoing mail
As requested schedule and attend meetings, record and distribute minutes and agendas, assist with actions items being addressed
Draft, verify and send correspondence including: verification of employment, employment stability funds, etc.
Complete data entry and create reports
Ensure that departmental filing and copying is kept up to date
Assist with coordinating various HR initiatives i.e.: family tuition subsidy, employee recognition awards, etc.
- Assist with compiling interview packages, including copying resumes, questionnaires and schedules
- Ensure all details are in place and ready in advance of the interview
- Ensure equipment and rooms are ready before and after
- Greet candidates, provide paperwork and answer questions
- Assist with online application system
- Assist with contacting candidates and completing references
- During peak periods assist with creating employment contracts for part-time employees
- Generate payroll authorization approvals
- Work with Generalist, IT, administrators and employees to ensure data is complete and accurate and approvals occur in a timely fashion
- Two year diploma or equivalent in Office Administration Executive or other program with an emphasis on business/ communications/ human resources
- Two years of experience in an office environment
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office software
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and office management skills
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.