Faculty, Information and Network Security - part-time
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Thursday, September 7, 2017 (midnight)
We require part-time faculty to teach a number of Cybersecurity courses in various Information Technology programs for the Fall Semester (September – December 2017).
Possible areas of instruction include one or more of the following: • Network Security: Building from Network Security I this course will provide further coverage of more advanced network security topics, including firewalls, intrusion protection systems (IPS), network access controls (NAC), and other supporting technologies.
• IT Security Planning, Audit and Compliance: This course will cover the principles of security planning, audit, governance and controls in the context of IT systems. Topics in this course will reinforce the importance of planning and auditing for compliance to industry and organization standards using best practice methodologies. Supporting monitoring, management, and logging tools will also be covered.
• Information Security Management: Modern business organizations require the synthesis of many levels of security measures, including physical and network security, as well as the management of security practices. In this course, students explore management techniques as they are applied to corporate and organizational security. In addition to the basic techniques of IT management that include motivation, controlling and planning, students also study tools and skills for securing organizations, including risk and asset management, threat modeling, the development of security policies and procedures, auditing and employee training.
• Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Security or other related field of study
• Demonstrable industrial experience related to topic areas as well as academic experience is an asset
• Previous teaching experience in at the post-secondary level is an asset
• Previous teaching experience with international students is an asset
Must be available to teach during daytime hours (courses may run Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.)
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.