Business Development Specialist – Information Technology and Special Projects
Corporate Training & Workforce Development
$62,870.00 - $78,589.00
Monday, September 25, 2017
Thursday, October 12, 2017 (midnight)
New full-time administrative position one-year contract. Approx. October 30 2017 - October 26 2018.
We require a qualified, entrepreneurial individual to develop business, build relationships and provide leadership for clients in IT and Business Skills workshops, boot camps, and custom training for corporate clients of Conestoga College.
• Drive business development in IT and Business Skills contract training by implementing boot camps, workshops and custom training to meet the current needs of the local market.
• Build and maintain relationships with agencies, industry, government community groups, professional associations and clients outside of the college through participating in and/or facilitating meetings and events and acting as a representative of the Workforce Development department.
• Consult with various college areas on the trends, investigation and implementation of open badging as it applies to various college deliveries and lead the implementation of open badging at Conestoga College.
• Responsible for generating revenue and delivering a profit to contribute to the bottom line of the college through Workforce Development, responding to the requests for proposals, public workshops and boot camps and custom corporate deliveries.
• Develop business across all campuses of Conestoga College and work collaboratively within Conestoga College building relationships with various Schools and Departments.
• Working with the Manager of Corporate Training, develop a sales, marketing and promotion plan, including a digital strategy, with measureable targets to ultimately return a contribution to overhead back to the college
• Advise on CE offerings to answer industry needs and ensure quality curriculum, part-time teachers and deliveries, working and advising personnel in the Workforce Development area
• Recruit, lead and mentor part-time teachers for Corporate Training IT and Business Skills deliveries and deal with delivery issues as required
• Expected to be cutting edge with respect to training needs in IT and Business Skills subject areas and keep Conestoga abreast of leading edge future trends to meet industry needs.
• Three year degree or diploma in Business, Marketing or IT related field required
• Additional relevant IT industry training an asset
• Five years of relevant practical experience
• Corporate training, sales and continuing education experience is required
• Demonstrated superior presentation, writing and sales experience required
• Digital media and marketing expertise required
• Training material development experience is required
• Experience in college program administration and development is considered an asset
• Contacts with business and professional associations and institutes is an asset
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft suite, digital media and presentation software
• Strong interpersonal skills that allow the incumbent to work effectively with a variety of personnel including part-time teachers, staff, students/clients and outside stakeholders
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service, problem management and project management skills
• Able to multi-task and work in a self-directed and team environment and adapt to change
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.