Administrative Assistant - Repost
$21.05 - $24.46
Friday, November 10, 2017
Sunday, November 19, 2017 (midnight)
Support-Full-Time (Temporary) - Appendix D
Full-time temporary support staff replacement position Contract ASAP – February 28, 2018 (Full-time support staff will be given first consideration)
We require a customer service focused administrative individual to assist with the Waterloo Campus administration office performing a variety of tasks..
- Providing front-line customer service to students and clients in-person, on the telephone, and by email; evaluating individual needs to determine how to best serve the customer
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of College policies, procedures, and practices regarding dates relevant to the admission process, forms and documents, and student confidentiality
- Processing CE registrations including accepting payments and preparing receipts
- Responding to enquiries, resolving problems, and assisting with form verification
- Communicating information to the Campus Manager regarding campus related concerns from faculty and students
- Providing clerical support for the Campus Manager
- Assisting in scheduling appointments for Counselling Services, Accessibility Services, Learning Commons, and other student service areas
- Providing coverage of administration duties for other office staff during vacation periods and other absences
- Assisting students with campus locker assignments
- Facilitating seamless processing of the campus’ MKUP Testing Service by managing faculty test requests, coordinating proctor coverage, and arranging for space allocations
- Maintaining paper supply in the campus photocopiers, sorting incoming Waterloo Campus mail, maintaining current mailboxes in the staff lounge and employee extension list, general office filing, and hanging/distributing campus posters and communications
- Assisting the LRC inter-campus resource lending materials
- Ordering office supplies and paper to ensure adequate supply
- Receives, prioritizes and processes work requests and maintenance calls to Facilities staff from various areas of the College.
- Monitors and maintains database for key contracts and key assignments for the Waterloo Campus
- Authorising table and posting requests; ensuring there are no conflicts or violations of various codes
- Administering all aspects of community facility rentals/internal special events by liaison with community, contract administration, and insurance requirements.
- Coordinating and maintaining evening/weekend room timetables at Waterloo Campus for all classrooms, kitchens/labs for Hospitality, and shops for Trades
- Managing and allocating rooms for Continuing Education classes for the Waterloo Campus
- Posting room timetables for computer labs/kitchens and ensuring evening activities do not overlap with daytime classes
- One-year certificate in Office Administration, to include courses in Microsoft (Word, Excel)
- Two years of Practical experience in customer service, handling cash and receivables preferably in an educational setting
- Strong Customer Service and independent judgement are necessary in order to deal with students, staff and faculty in an office environment
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions, excellent time management and problem solving skills, adaptability and flexibility while continuing to meet deadlines.
- Time management ability in order to set/adjust priorities to meet deadlines independently
- Excellent communication and human relations skills, showing sensitivity and compassion
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Work independently using initiative to organize workload and deal with changing priorities
- Ability to work in a very busy environment
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, OneNote, and SharePoint
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.