Professor, Mechanical Systems Engineering
School of Engineering and Information Technology
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Wednesday, September 27, 2017 (midnight)
Vacancy Type: Full-time replacement position
We require a qualified professional to join the Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical Systems Engineering program team.
- Designing, updating and delivering a variety of courses, including project courses.
- Defining, evaluating and validating program and course learning outcomes
- Developing alternative delivery strategies, and online course development and teaching, as required
- Ensuring program and course curriculum are current, relevant and reflective of best practices in the field
- Acting as Principal Investigator and support for applied research activities, including the identification and selection of potential projects.
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and evaluating student progress and achievement
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds and learning styles
- Participating in department, portfolio/school and college-wide activities/task groups as required
- Working in a collaborative, collegial manner both within the department and across the college
- Development of industry partnerships and collaboration with industry partners
- Fulfilling responsibilities as defined in the Academic Employees Collective Agreement
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and P. Eng. designation
- PhD is considered an asset
- Previous adult or post-secondary level teaching experience is required
- Minimum of five years relevant industry experience in mechanical design and systems integration in manufacturing environments.
- Strong applied research background
- Automation controls knowledge and project management expertise are an asset
- Very good presentation, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate to learners working at different skill levels is an asset, including international students
- Computer literacy: 3D CAD (Solidworks or equivalent), MS Office
- Strong commitment to academic excellence and student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Ability to work independently and as part of an academic team
- Strong industry connections/network
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.