Part-Time Faculty, Game Development & Mobile Gaming
School of Engineering & Information Technology
Monday, October 16, 2017
Sunday, October 22, 2017 (midnight)
Part-time faculty are needed to teach the following Game Development and Mobile Game Development courses in a 13 week Winter Semester (January 3rd 2018 to April 4th 2018):
- Game Development (Scheduled for Mondays 2:30pm to 5:20pm) – Game Development Students learn how to develop and manipulate game mechanics and environments through visual and traditional scripting tools. This class supports skills needed for level editing and design, prototyping, and working in game engines. In a case of learning by doing, by the end of this course, students should be able to compare and contrast digital genres with each other and with related analog genres; apply narratological and ludological concepts in the analysis of digital works and describe digital artifacts such as computer programs and texts.
- Mobile Game Development (Scheduled for Wednesday 8:30am to 11:20am) – Students will learn to create games for mobile platforms and learn how to use distribution channels to deliver games directly to players. Students will explore a variety of toolkits and languages to create mobile applications for different platforms, learn about developing for a touch-based interface, and explore different methods of monetization for mobile games.
**Please note that these classes are held at the Brantford Campus in pre-scheduled times indicated above.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering, Game Development)
- Demonstrable industrial experience related to topic areas as well as academic experience is an asset
- Previous teaching experience in at the post-secondary level is an asset
- Previous teaching experience with international students is an asset
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.