IT Services Technician
Information Technology Services
$22.57 - $26.14
Friday, October 6, 2017
Monday, October 16, 2017 (midnight)
New full-time support staff position
We require a qualified individual to provide first level support to students and employees for IT related requests.
- Visit classrooms to troubleshoot digital video projectors and connected equipment issues
- Diagnose faults and repair computers, digital projectors, printers, video display units and associated connecting cables and interfaces
- As a key contact at the IT Help Desk, provide first level technical support to the user community
- Answer telephone, email and walk-in requests for IT service
- Create and assign service tickets for issue resolution and tracking
- Follow up to ensure work requests have been completed
- Escalate service requests to senior technicians or management as required
- Resolve network password problems for students and employees, resetting passwords as required
- Provide first level support for phone system requests
- Basic account creation and maintenance for network and phone users, following established procedures and guidelines
- Install computers, communications equipment and associated peripherals.
- Install cabling and equipment for local area networks, phones and electronic security.
- Two year diploma in Electronics Technician or Technology, Information Technology programs
- One year of practical experience maintaining, installing and troubleshooting microcomputers and associated peripherals
- Previous Service Desk or Helpdesk experience preferred
- Working knowledge of microcomputer equipment and associated peripherals
- Good troubleshooting skills and electro-mechanical aptitude
- Good communications and public relations skills
- Ability to work without constant supervision
- Basic knowledge of Windows & MAC operating systems
- Experience with network cable installation and working from ladders
- Experience working with hand and power tools
- Travel may be necessary to other Conestoga campuses, as assigned duties require
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.