IELTS Examiners - part-time
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
Monday, July 30, 2018 (midnight)
Conestoga IELTS Test Centre is actively recruiting qualified ESL/EFL professionals to join our growing team of IELTS Examiners.
IELTS Examiners are needed in the following locations: TORONTO, Ontario (GTA & Mississauga), WINNIPEG, Manitoba, OTTAWA, Ontario, MONTREAL, Quebec and VANCOUVER, British Columbia.
• Qualified candidates will be trained and certified as IELTS Speaking Examiners
• IELTS Testing occurs on Saturdays, with occasional Thursday tests
• Examiners are required to work a minimum of one to two Saturday afternoons a month
The Minimum Professional Requirements (MPRs) for this part-time contract position include an undergraduate degree AND one of the following:
1. An undergraduate or Master’s degree or qualification(s) that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree (3 years’ full-time academic study, or a minimum of one year’s full-time academic study in the case of a Master’s degree)
2. A) TEFL/TESOL qualification (minimum certificate level) from a recognized institution
B) EFL/ESOL related studies completed as part of an undergraduate/post-graduate award course from a recognized institution (minimum certificate level equivalent)
C) Degree in Education (if supported by an undergraduate degree which includes studies focused on English language at point 1 above)
• A minimum of three years full-time relevant teaching experience (or equivalent part-time)
• The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adults (students 16 years and over)
• Individuals for whom English is not their first language must possess a skilled level of language proficiency
• IELTS Examiners are expected to be sensitive to cultural differences and to treat others with respect at all times
• Confidentiality, professionalism, flexibility and excellent communication skills are also essential
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.