Program Manager, Trades and Apprenticeship
Trades and Apprenticeship
$71,963.00 - $89,953.00
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Sunday, February 25, 2018 (midnight)
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes and an engaged college community.
We require a qualified individual to provide a range of management functions in support of the Chairs in the School of Trades & Apprenticeship.
- Supervise technical support staff (technicians, technologists, and liaisons)
- Co-ordinate the school’s annual awards program and ceremony
- Co-ordinate School-College-Work events and initiatives
- Lead the School’s annual program reviews and ensure accurate curriculum documentation
- Coordinate related Program Advisory Committees
- Provide leadership in customer service by representing the School in the community and at College marketing events
- Monitor monthly program expenses for areas of responsibility and flag issues for Chairs
- Work with the Chairs’ office staff to organize program orientation and recruitment
- Lead and support special projects in Trades and Apprenticeship
- Lead marketing initiatives within the school
- Three year diploma/degree in Program Marketing, Management or equivalent education
- Five years of recent and relevant experience in administration of post-secondary technical education
- Experience with curriculum and program development and review
- In-depth knowledge of apprenticeship and post-secondary related programming
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution and communications skills
- Excellent computer skills to include good working knowledge of word processing, database, and spreadsheets
- The ability to collaborate effectively across college departments
- The ability to work independently
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.