IT Training and Support Specialist - Revised Repost
Integration and Innovation
$26.57 - $30.81
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Tuesday, August 21, 2018 (midnight)
Full-time Support Staff Replacement Position (Full-Time Support Staff will be given first consideration)
We require a qualified individual to provide technical support to Conestoga employees, determine the technology training needs and deliver IT supported training.
- Provide technical support for hardware and software solutions to Conestoga employees
- Provide consultations and guidance upon request on the use of technology in the classroom while recognizing and adapting to different levels of technical proficiency
- Direct and assist Conestoga employees with the implementation and effective application of classroom technologies
- Help employees improve upon or enhance existing skills
- Coach and consult on technical solutions at various campuses as required
- Meet with College departments, schools, and leadership groups to understand the defined strategic direction for classroom technologies
- Conduct technical training needs assessments by interviewing Conestoga employees
- Deliver orientation sessions to assess skill level
- Research emerging technologies, present findings, and provide recommendations
- Provide training on classroom technology, software and hardware including face-to-face, demonstrations, seminars, workshops, online options etc.
- Collaborate with various departments to design, develop, and implement a range of technical training activities (i.e. interactive, multimedia presentations)
- Conduct workshops at various campuses as required
- Write and create training materials including interactive and multimedia presentations, online resources, etc.
- Train new hires as well as veteran employees
- Evaluate training effectiveness by conducting surveys and gathering feedback
- Three year diploma/degree in Information Systems, Business Studies or similar field
- Three years of experience working in Information Systems providing training, support and troubleshooting expertise
- Knowledge of various systems and tools include but are not limited to Student Information Systems (SIS), Learning Management Systems (LMS), Microsoft Office, mobile technologies, classroom technologies, social Web tools, video conferencing/streaming, etc.
- Preference given to individual with expertise with software and hardware technologies (i.e. MS Office, DVPs, SharePoint, Office 365, etc.)
- Microsoft Certified Educator certification is an asset
- Well-developed communications skills both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to present and demonstrate technical information to a diverse audience with varying levels of technical expertise
- Demonstrated technology skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, SharePoint, web technologies, document creation) and troubleshooting abilities
- Leadership skills including the ability to coach individuals
- Organizational, planning and time management abilities
- Confident with technical zeal and willing to engage in self development activities
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.