Academic Integrity Coordinator
Library Resource Centre
$71,963.00 - $89,953.00
Friday, April 6, 2018
Sunday, April 22, 2018 (midnight)
Full-time Administrative Position
Conestoga College requires a full-time Academic Integrity Coordinator to join the Library Services team. Reporting to the Director, Library Services, the Academic Integrity Coordinator provides leadership and expertise in the successful promotion and implementation of academic integrity policy, procedures, best practices and educational supports at Conestoga. The Coordinator is responsible for educating and advising students, faculty and staff on the principles and practices of academic integrity in support of the College’s commitment to academic excellence.
• Act as a resource to faculty, staff and studentsby providing guidance and explaining the Academic Integrity policy, procedure and College best practices, particularly through the incident reporting and education process.
• Act as a resource person for the Academic Appeals Committee for Academic Integrity related appeals and provide input as requested.
• Maintain knowledge of all policies and procedures relating to Academic Integrity (e.g. Academic Integrity policy and procedures, Student Code of Conduct, Copyright policy).
• Provide one-on-one or small group consultations regarding potential breaches, processes, penalties with students and faculty.
• Act as College resource for information, education, support and training on Turnitin or alternatives.
• Work closely with Teaching and Learning, Student Success Services, International Education Library Services staff, and academic programs to develop an integrated approach to academic integrity.
• Chair an Academic Integrity Advisory Committee (AIAC), maintain membership in the Academic Integrity Council of Ontario (AICO, an affiliate of OCAV), International Centre for Academic Integrity (ICAI), participate in workshops and meetings and represent Conestoga in council activities.
• Liaise with other college and university academic integrity staff and external academic integrity groups to build knowledge and share information.
• Promote awareness of academic integrity in coordination with other departments, such as International Education.
• Develop templates for information-sharing with the Conestoga community (e.g. presentations, summary of activities, infographics).
• Develop and update the Academic Integrity website and educational support resources; in partnership with the Online Learning Centre, update and maintain the Academic Integrity online course modules.
• Develop and deliver workshops and online learning opportunities applying appropriate educational technologies and instructional pedagogy.
• Prepare and deliver presentations to the Conestoga community on Academic Integrity related matters.
• Gather, review and analyze metrics using all available data on incidents and educational supports and develop additional data gathering mechanisms. (e.g. surveys or focus groups)
• Provide reports and analysis to appropriate stakeholders; ddevelop and administer assessment tools to measure the effectiveness of the Academic Integrity programming and practices.
• Master’s degree in Education, Library and Information Sciences or other relevant advanced degree with demonstrated experience in academic integrity.
• Five years relevant professional experience, with three years teaching experience in an academic institution preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of academic integrity principles.
• Mediation and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong collaborative relationship and team building skills; superior interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Experience delivering training.
• High degree of initiative; ability to think analytically to solve problems creatively and effectively.
• Excellent project and time management skills.
• Ability to handle multiple demands and changing priorities.
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.