Regional Recruitment Manager, America’s
$63,970.00 - $79,964.00
Friday, April 6, 2018
Sunday, April 22, 2018 (midnight)
Under the guidance of the Manager, International Recruitment and Operations, the incumbent manages recruitment processes and activities, and Conestoga’s international portfolio in the America’s. An experienced professional in the field of international recruitment, the incumbent will engage with Conestoga’s international team and school administrators, secondary schools and post-secondary institutions, recruitment agencies, corporate and government partners to increase international student enrolment, and implement and manage quality assurance throughout the recruitment process.
- Leads proactive off-campus international recruitment events, including but not limited to presentations and networking with guidance counsellors, school officials, parents, alumni, business representatives, and agents.
- Prepares an annual recruitment & market penetration plan (including an annual fair and event schedule as well as an agent training and support strategy) for assigned regions.
- On behalf of Conestoga College (CC), recommends, develops and maintains an effective and reputable agent network that meets CC’s standards, to represent and promote CC.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of the College’s mission and mandate, key value proposition(s) target students, admission requirements and current program offerings, services and programs to which students are applying.
- Continually builds on knowledge and experience in international student recruitment and marketing in an intercultural context.
- Advises on content strategy and creation: web, and traditional: copy writing, social media, tracking. Tracks ROI on initiatives and recommends changes to strategy through analysis of analytics and competitive intelligence.
- Identifies necessary online and offline regional marketing support deliverables (print materials, presentations, online content and resources, photography, video, presentations, etc.), and their associated timelines and costs and ensures their development.
- Collaborate with regional partners to promote Waterloo Region as a destination of choice to international students through FAM tours, high school/school board presentations, trade missions and agent events
- International Delegation lead for International office for schools, agents, government officials
- Manages positive and effective relationships with prospective students, applicants, and parents; recruitment and admission specialists from other Canadian and international institutions; guidance counsellors, teachers, and school officials
- Ensures timely, accurate, consistent, and ongoing follow-up with key audiences throughout the recruitment and admissions cycle, including responses to direct in-person or email inquiries from prospective students, applicants, and counsellors encountered by Conestoga representatives during international visits and events.
- Ensures timely follow up to student inquires to support lead development and applicant conversions.
- Hosts international guests, including but not limited to agents, delegations and school groups and supporting student services initiatives, marketing projects and activities.
- Prepares and delivers quarterly reports outlining country specific recruitment & marketing activities and results.
- As required, manages successful implementation of admissions of international applicants, including liaising with applicants and key admissions staff to ensure that documents are received, applications are complete, and offers are generated within competitive timelines.
- Under the guidance of the Manager International Recruitment and Operations, builds, manages and maintains positive relations with other colleges’ and universities’ recruitment teams including (but not limited to) Waterloo region secondary and post-secondary international recruitment teams to brand Waterloo region as an educational destination of choice through coordinated marketing efforts.
- Researches, develops, executes, and enhances regional market on & off-campus international student recruitment and marketing projects (digital & offline).
- Produces and maintains evidence-based market research reports for each geographic area under his/her supervision to share internally.
- Conducts market validation studies for new academic programs
- Under the supervision of the Manager, International Recruitment and Operations, develops a recruitment budget with the necessary resources to support implementation.
- 3 year Advanced Diploma or Degree in: international business, marketing, digital marketing or international education.
- Five years of related experience in areas such as international recruitment, B2B Sales or post secondary recruitment
- Ability to travel up to 70% and must hold a valid passport
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills to evaluate, determine and assign the correct course of action in a timely and effective manner
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong networking and negotiation skills and experience
- Outstanding client/customer service skills
- Project management skills
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to use good judgement, handle pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong financial and accounting skills
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office applications, relationship databases, web-based systems, social media)
- Demonstrated sales and entrepreneurial skills Extensive international business development/recruitment experience
- Excellent business development, sales and relationship management skills
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.