Program Manager, Nursing
School of Health & Life Science and Community Serv
$81,165.00 - $101,456.00
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Monday, April 23, 2018 (midnight)
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes and an engaged college community.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a qualified individual to provide a range of academic leadership functions to advance program quality in nursing clinical education. Reporting to the Chair of Nursing in the School of Health & Life Sciences and Community Services, the Program Manager, Nursing will provide operational leadership to Conestoga’s full-time and part-time nursing programs through:
- Promoting high quality program delivery ensuring part-time faculty follow College policy/ procedures and best practices in teaching
- Working with the Chairs, maintain a high level of part-time faculty and support staff performance through the effective recruitment, selection, orientation development, motivation and evaluation of part-time faculty members
- Coordinating the sharing of curriculum between part and full-time faculty
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with clinical delivery partners including Cowan Health Sciences Centre, and Placement Systems, and external partners to support positive relationships, communication, and quality of clinical placements
- Maintaining expertise in nursing clinical education, including best practices, standards and guidelines provided by professional nursing bodies
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing is required, Master’s degree in Nursing or Education completed or in progress is preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years work experience in a combination of acute care nursing and/or post-secondary education delivery is required
- Previous leadership experience in a community college is an asset
- Experience with curriculum and program development and review is an asset
- Experience in a leadership role managing teams involved with complex projects and demonstrated project management experience is an asset
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution and communications skills
- Demonstrated computer skills to include good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across college departments or work independently as required
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.