Business and Hospitality
$81,165.00 - $101,456.00
Thursday, April 12, 2018
Sunday, April 29, 2018 (midnight)
New full-time administrative position
Reporting to the Chair, School of Hospitality and Culinary Arts, the Executive Chef is responsible for providing leadership to the restaurant and corporate functions, including events in accordance with organizational objectives while upholding the values, standards and image of Conestoga College. The Executive Chef will ensure the efficient and cost effective operation of the restaurant and events while fostering a positive working and learning environment.
- Fosters an environment that is conducive to learning and creative thought in order to uphold the value of furthering education and knowledge. This is accomplished through a collaborative leadership style that empowers staff and students
- Provides coaching, mentorship and training in all aspects of the culinary profession in order to facilitate the professional and personal development of others.
- Supervises, trains and leads a team of students and technologists
- Supervises the training of students working in the kitchen
- Consistently communicates with all relevant stakeholders and staff to establish, implement and achieve organizational and individual goals.
- Builds and maintains positive relations with various stakeholders including but not limited to staff, vendors, customers and the general public.
- Develops relationships with local vendors, producers and farmers to promote local produce as a philosophy of the restaurant
- Keeps abreast of current knowledge in trends, best practices and requirements for the good of the organization and the profession through research and self-development.
- May be required to represent the organization publicly as corporate chef
- Responsible for the creative development of menus for the student-run restaurant and catered events, documentation, costing, implementation and evaluation of all menus.
- Liaise with clients with regards to menus and pricing of events
- Analyze marketplace prices to ensure prices are both realistic and competitive.
- Ensures a clean, healthy and safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Manage approved budget to ensure effective resource utilization, procurement of materials and other services.
- Develop policies and procedures as needed to ensure a safe, productive and professional environment is maintained.
- Establish, evaluate and uphold a high level of quality standards.
- Administration of all required documentation including but not limited to health and safety and finance.
- Actively plans, develops, prepares and supervises the preparation of menus in the restaurant as well as for events
- Responsible for the preparation of food using methods which are traditional and that also take into account specialty dietary needs.
- Must role model the safe and proper use of all equipment.
- 2-year Diploma in the Culinary field or Provincial Red Seal, Canadian Chef de Cuisine required, or international equivalent
- 9 or more years required experience in a fine dining restaurant or upscale hotel setting. At least 3 years as executive chef. International experience preferred.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills to evaluate, determine and assign the correct course of action in a timely and effective manner
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong networking and negotiation skills and experience
- Outstanding client/customer service skills
- Project management skills
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to use good judgement, handle pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong financial and accounting skills
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office applications, relationship databases, web-based systems, social media)
- Excellent business development, sales and relationship management skills
- #LI POST
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.