Part-time Faculty - Community Safety
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Thursday, May 31, 2018 (midnight)
We are currently accepting applications from student-oriented individuals to teach law-focused courses part-time in the Community Safety Department in the School of Community Services.
We deliver a number of law focused courses in two diploma programs (Protection, Security and Investigation; Police Foundations), an honours undergraduate degree program (Bachelor of Community and Criminal Justice), and an accredited graduate certificate program (Paralegal). We are developing a roster of motivated individuals with relevant legal credentials who are licensed by the Law Society of Ontario (lawyers, paralegals) to teach in one or more program areas, with particular attention to paralegal education. Conestoga offers high quality professional development opportunities for part-time faculty.
• Post-secondary credential relevant to practice in the law
• Licensed to practice as a lawyer or paralegal in Ontario
• No professional sanctions on record
• Evidence of successful post-secondary teaching experience
• Understanding of teaching in the college environment
• A strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
• Demonstrated presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
• Able to work both independently, collaboratively and accountably as part of a program team at the college
• Willingness to participate in professional development training for new part-time faculty
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.