Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Mechanic - Repost
$33.67 - $39.02
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
Sunday, October 21, 2018 (midnight)
Full-Time Support Staff Position (Please note, full-time Support Staff will be given first consideration)
We require a qualified individual to ensure the safe and efficient operation, maintenance and repair of heating, cooling, ventilation, refrigeration, exhaust, humidification and control systems.
- Safely operate, maintain and repair mechanical systems and equipment related to comfort heating, cooling, ventilating, humidification, refrigeration, building management and controls systems
- Equipment to be maintained includes boilers with firing rates to 8,000,000 BTUs, centrifugal chillers with capacities to 500 tons and associated cooling towers, pumps and valves, large air handling units, varied sized roof mounted HVAC units, gas fired and electric humidifiers, small refrigeration units, varied sized air compressors etc.
- Other responsibilities include chemical testing of open and closed hydronic systems, operation of building automation systems, assisting other trades and maintenance staff etc.
- All maintenance is completed to manufacturers’ specifications, and applicable codes and legislation
- Assist with upgrades of mechanical systems with in house staff and contractors.
- Maintain all required records and documentation
- Participate in all College Health and Safety programs and initiatives
- Journeyperson - Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic, certification maintained in good standing
- Gas Technician I, certification maintained in good standing
- ODP Certification
- 5 years of experience servicing H.V.A.C. and refrigeration equipment
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and interpret problems for a large variety of equipment
- Ability to follow wiring schematic associated with a variety of types and makes of equipment
- Ability to recognize and act on safety hazards
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with various Building management control systems including Pneumatic and DDC
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Thorough knowledge of blueprint reading from architectural to mechanical drawings
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.