Curriculum Development, Business Development and Sales Re-post
School of Business & Hospitality
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
Sunday, October 21, 2018 (midnight)
Administrative Contract Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes and an engaged college community.
The School of Business is currently seeking a qualified professional to develop the curriculum for our brand new Business Development and Sales graduate certificate program. This contract role is an immediate start to support the new program objectives for September 2019.
Under the direction of the Chair, the successful candidate is responsible for completion of the curriculum development of the Business Development and Sales program to ensure an effective learning environment for students:
- Designing, a variety of courses, including project courses
- Defining, evaluating and validating program and course learning outcomes
- Developing alternative delivery strategies, and online course development and teaching, as required
- Ensuring program and course curriculum are current, relevant and reflective of best practices in the field
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and evaluating student progress and achievement
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds and learning styles
- Working in a collaborative, collegial manner both within the department and across the college
- Masters of Business Administration required;
- Minimum Five (5) years of sales and sales management industry experience
- Demonstrable experience using CRM, SalesForce and other software to support business development and sales in a business setting
- At least 3 years’ adult or post-secondary level teaching experience in business, marketing and sales
- Experience with curriculum development and program planning
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g. D2L) is preferred
- Experience developing online or blended (hybrid) courses is an asset.
- Demonstrated exceptional presentation, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
- Demonstrated ability to relate to learners and providing a positive learning environment to students working at different skill levels including international students and students requiring accommodations
- Strong commitment to academic excellence and student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Strong relationships with industry contacts and network connections is an asset
Note to applicants: This program also requires a Full Time Faculty role as a Professor, Sales and Business Development. Please see other postings for specific information and requirements.
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.