Part-Time Faculty, Excellence in Resident-Centred Care
School of Health & Life Science and Community Serv
Monday, November 12, 2018
Sunday, December 16, 2018 (midnight)
Part-Time Faculty Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
The School of Health & Life Sciences is currently seeking a qualified professional to join the Excellence in Resident-Centred Care team as a bilingual Professor. Under the direction of the Chair, the Professor is responsible for the delivery of the curriculum, development of an effective learning environment for students, collaboration with long-term care homes, and bilingual support for long-term care home lead contacts, and certified ERCC Trainers.
- BScN equivalent education is required; MN competed or in progress is preferred
- Current certification of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required
- Minimum of five (5) years geriatric nursing experience required, long-term care experience preferred
- Ability to proficiently communicate in French and English is required
- Adult or post-secondary level classroom teaching experience is preferred
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite), audiovisual equipment, and educational technologies (e.g. D2L) is preferred
- Demonstrated exceptional presentation, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
- Able to create and maintain a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds and learning styles
- Strong commitment to academic excellence and student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
Successful applicants will be required to commence employment on February 4, 2019.
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.