Chair, Energy Systems & Technologies
School of Workforce Development, CE
$111,349.00 - $148,464.00
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Sunday, March 3, 2019 (midnight)
Administrative Full-time New Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes, and an engaged college community.
The School of Workforce Development, Continuing Education & Online Learning is currently seeking a qualified individual to provide academic and administrative leadership, supervision and direction to faculty, Support Staff, students, and project partners in full and part-time programs, courses, and workshops including areas such as power engineering, renewable energy, applied energy management, sustainable agriculture, building automation systems, applied electrical and motion control, motorcycle, and small engine repair.
The Chair is accountable for the research, planning, development, delivery, budgeting, sales, and marketing of daytime, evening, and weekend activity, both on and off-site, including full-time programs, Continuing Education studies in areas such as engineering technology, agriculture, and trades. The Chair is accountable for the planning, development, delivery, and ongoing review of full and part-time programs, ensuring programs are relevant to the needs of students and the community at large according to Conestoga’s strategic plan.
- Ensure the programs operate in accordance with college policies and procedures
- Plan, develop, and schedule complex activities and operations
- Effectively allocate human, fiscal, and physical resources
- Coordinate day to day operations for academic programs and activities, including applied research, marketing, resource acquisition, ongoing review, and partnership activities
- Facilitate the development and implementation of new academic programs and the ongoing review of existing programs to ensure continuous quality improvement, and reflect changing technology, economic and market influences, and employment opportunities
- Hire full and part-time faculty and staff, establish the workload for faculty in accordance with the provision of the collective agreement, complete performance reviews, and employ performance management measures where applicable
- Represent the School/College through participation and memberships in committees, working groups, public relations, organizations, associations, industry, etc.
- Liaise with Executive Deans, Deans, Chairs, Managers, faculty, and staff from other schools and departments such as Student Services, the Registrar’s Office, Bookstore, and Facilities Management to ensure a smooth operation of programs
- Participate in strategic planning and development/updating of the annual academic plan for the School of Workforce Development and Continuing Education & Online Learning
- Minimum four year Engineering Degree
- Master’s Degree and P.Eng Certification preferred
- Seven years of relevant industry/academic experience; relevant industry experience includes, power engineering, automation, electrical and motion control, quality, energy management, or sustainable agriculture
- Must have sound knowledge of the Ontario College educational structure and experience in an applied learning environment; post-secondary teaching experience is desired
- Knowledge of, and experience in curriculum development, student recruiting, adult education, conflict resolution, and managing employees
- Financial management experience, including managing budgets
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.