Part-time Early Childhood Educators/Rec and Leisure Educators
Child Development Centres
$16.00 - $24.63
Up to 24 h
Friday, January 4, 2019
Sunday, March 31, 2019 (midnight)
Support Staff Part-time Position
A successful candidate models the philosophy of the Conestoga College Early Learning Programs and maintains professional relationships with children, families, and Educators. The incumbent implements quality programs for children aged 0-12 years old. This candidate is responsible for upholding the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) and the Staff Handbook guidelines.
These positions operate out of the Child Development Centres including Doon, Driftwood, Glencairn, King Edward, JF Carmichael, Laurelwood, and Silverheights.
- Plans and adapts the program/environment to meet the needs of individual children, and implements quality programming for children ages 0-12 years old
- Ensures that the basic needs of children are met, including health and safety
- Provides ongoing supervision of all play areas and all activities/routines that occur
- Communicates respectfully with parents and ensures that messages are passed on to both parents, and other staff
- Ensures that any unusual situations are shared with Supervisor
- Attends staff meetings, contributes to team discussions, and participates in professional development that is made available
- Other related duties as assigned
- Registered Early Childhood Educator or Rec and Leisure Diploma or equivalent required
- Standard First Aid and CPR training required
- Clear criminal reference check and up to date immunization records required
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.