Part-time Technologist, Machine Shop
School of Workforce Development
$33.67 - $39.02
Up to 24 h
Friday, February 8, 2019
Sunday, February 24, 2019 (midnight)
Support Staff, Part-time Position
We require a qualified individual to assist the faculty in the Applied Manufacturing Management program by demonstrating machine shop skills (mill and lathe) to students, starting May 2019.
- Demonstrates practical skills to students and provides remedial instruction to those requiring further assistance to master skills based on established learning objectives
- Demonstrates the safe use of equipment to students
- Demonstrates the procedures used with equipment and the capabilities of equipment to faculty and students ensuring to emphasize risk assessment and best practices for safety in an industrial application
- Maintains equipment in good working and safe condition through preventative and predictive maintenance, requesting repairs, etc. as required
- Evaluates equipment and supplies prior to ordering, prepares purchase requisitions for supplies and machine parts, and maintains inventory of all supplies and operating equipment
- Receives shipments, stores materials, and maintains storage area in a neat, orderly manner
Please note hours may be between 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday.
- Trade Certificate as General Machinist, Tool & Die Maker or, Millwright (C of Q)
- More than five years of practical experience in the field (i.e. as a General Machinist, Tool & Die Operator, or Millwright)
- Previous experience demonstrating skills is highly desirable
- Flexible with strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate professionally (verbal and written) with students, program team, vendors, stakeholders, etc.
- Ability to relate to learners working at different skill levels in a shop environment
- Strong commitment to ensuring student success
- Excellent interpersonal skills with flexible approach to problem solving
- Able to model safe, respectful conduct
- Self-motivated, team player who is able to work cooperatively with Conestoga students and employees
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.