Part-time IELTS Speaking Examiners
International English Language Testing System
Up to 24 h
Friday, February 8, 2019
Monday, April 1, 2019 (midnight)
Part-time Support Staff Positions
Conestoga IELTS Test Centre is actively recruiting qualified ESL professionals to join our growing team of IELTS Examiners. We are recruiting qualified professionals in the following regions: Niagara, Toronto, Mississauga, Kitchener, and London, Ontario.
- The IELTS Examiner will be trained and certified to carry out speaking assessments of the English language during for the IELTS test
- Examiners work with clearly defined criteria and are subject to extensive and detailed quality control procedures.
- Examiners must be available one to two Saturday afternoons a month.
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree or qualification(s) that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree (3 years’ full-time academic study, or a minimum of one year’s full-time academic study in the case of a Master’s degree)
At least one of the following:
a) TEFL/TESOL qualification (minimum certificate level) from a recognized institution
b) EFL/ESOL related studies completed as part of an undergraduate/post-graduate award course from a recognized institution (minimum certificate level equivalent)
c) Degree in Education (if supported by an undergraduate degree which includes studies focused on English language at point 1 above)
- A minimum of three years full-time relevant teaching experience (or equivalent part-time) is required – the majority of this teaching experience must relate to adults (students 16 years and over)
- Individuals for whom English is not their first language must possess a skilled level of language proficiency
- IELTS Examiners are expected to be sensitive to cultural differences and to treat others with respect at all times.
- Confidentiality, professionalism, flexibility, and excellent communication skills are essential
Apply to this competition
| Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.