Part-time Faculty, IT Business Analysis
School of Workforce Development
Friday, January 7, 2022
Posted until position is filled
Academic - Part-time
Academic Part-time Position
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves around the world and in our local community, Conestoga College continues to adjust plans based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority. Considering these unprecedented circumstances, all final hiring decisions remain contingent upon confirmed enrolment numbers and the evolving work environment. Conestoga College will take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our College community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process, including the scheduling of remote interviews.
The School of Workforce Development, Continuing Education & Online Learning is currently seeking qualified professionals to teach a variety of part-time courses during the Spring 2022 semester (May – August 2022) in the IT Business Analysis program. We anticipate needs in the following courses:
- INFO8840 – IT Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies
- INFO8830-Risk Analysis and IT Service Management
- INFO8440 – Integrated Case Study
- STAT8060 – Data Visualization Tools and Techniques
- QUAL8340 – Business Process Flow Analysis
- QUAL8350 – Information Systems Quality Assurance
Classes are typically scheduled within college hours of operation, Monday to Friday between 8:00 AM and 10:00 PM, and possibly weekends. Teaching and college-related activities may be on-site or online via remote delivery as required. Our campus for this specific program is located at the Downtown Kitchener and Guelph locations.
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
Although many of our employees are currently working remotely, this position is governed by the applicable legislation of the Province of Ontario. Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required.
- Ensure student awareness of course objectives, instructional approach, and evaluation systems
- Carry out regularly scheduled instruction according to the format prescribed for the course, including online, classroom, and computer-assisted lab lessons
- Evaluate student progress/achievement, assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within the assigned course, and maintain records as required
- Support students in the use of eConestoga, the learning management system (D2L), as well as maintain course materials within this system
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment that supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds, and learning styles
- Collaborate and build relations with other program faculty
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the above-mentioned areas
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or a combination of experience with industry credentials will be considered
- Lean Six Sigma certification (Black Belt preferred)
- PMP certified
- Minimum three plus years of relevant and current industry experience
- Previous adult or post-secondary level teaching experience is an asset
- Knowledge of and experience with computer systems (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g., D2L) is preferred
- Demonstrated exceptional presentation, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
- Ability to relate to learners and provide a positive learning environment to students working at different skill levels including international students and students requiring accommodation
- Strong commitment to academic excellence, student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Strong relationships with industry contacts and network connections are considered an asset
Apply to this requisition
| Print this requisition
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via the Contact page.
Based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority, Conestoga College will continue to take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our college community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process.