Part-time Faculty, Financial Technology
School of Workforce Development
Friday, October 21, 2022
Posted until position is filled
Academic - Part-time
Academic - Part-time
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
The School of Workforce Development, Continuing Education & Online Learning is currently seeking qualified professionals to teach a variety of part-time courses during the 2022 – 2023 academic year in the Financial Technology program. We anticipate needs in the following courses:
- Applications of Financial Technology
- Digital Revolution in Financial Services
- Finance and Accounting for Non-Accountants
- Risk Management in Financial Technology
- Transformation and Regulations in Financial Services
- Analysis for Financial Technology
- Artificial Intelligence in Finance
- Emerging Trends in Financial Technology
- Mobile Applications for Financial Technology
Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required. Conestoga offers classes Monday to Sunday from 8:00 am – 10:00 pm, both in-person and online.
- Ensure student awareness of course objectives, instructional approach, and evaluation systems
- Carry out regularly scheduled instruction according to the format prescribed for the course, including online, classroom, and computer-assisted lab lessons
- Evaluate student progress/achievement, assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within the assigned course, and maintain records as needed
- Support students in the use of eConestoga, the learning management system (D2L), as well as maintain course materials within this system
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment that supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds, and learning styles
- Collaborate and build relations with other program faculty
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a related field, or a combination of experience with industry credentials
- Minimum of three years of relevant industry experience
- Previous adult or post-secondary level teaching experience is an asset
- Experience with curriculum development is an asset
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g., D2L, Zoom) is an asset
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
- Ability to relate to learners and create a positive learning environment for students working at different skill levels, including international students and students requiring accommodation
- Strong commitment to academic excellence, student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Strong relationships with industry contacts and network connections are an asset
Apply to this requisition
| Print this requisition
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via the Contact page.
Based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority, Conestoga College will continue to take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our college community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process. Offers of employment are contingent upon compliance with our COVID Community Safety policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination, or a formal College approved exemption, will be required to fulfill this condition of employment.