Part-time Faculty, Automotive Service Technician
School of Trades & Apprenticeship
Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Posted until position is filled
Academic - Part-time
Academic Part-time Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required. It is anticipated that this position will meet the needs of the department through a hybrid work arrangement with 1 day of remote teaching and 1 day on campus. This position will be working 6 hours per week.
- Delivery of course material to students (theory and/or shop) in a professional manner
- Develop an effective and professional learning environment for students
- Design, updating, and delivering a variety of courses and course materials as required
- Define, evaluate, and validate program and course learning outcomes
- Develop a variety of delivery strategies for in person and online classes as required
- Design appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and evaluating student progress and achievement (theory and lab)
- Assist the program team in creating and update shop workbooks as needed to promote industry focused learning outcomes
- Create shop projects and assignments that align/reinforce theoretical lessons
- Create and maintaining a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Participate in department meetings, activities, tasks, and groups as required
- Participate in open house or college/program promotional activities if needed
- Maintain trade related currency
- Work in a collaborative, collegial manner both within the department and across the college
- Assist in developing partnerships within industry
- Certificate of Apprenticeship and Certificate of Qualification as an Automotive Service Technician (310S)
- Minimum five years of practical experience in a full-service repair facility at the Journeyperson level
- Member in good standing with Ontario College of Trades
- Previous adult or post-secondary level teaching experience is considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g., D2L) is preferred
- Demonstrate exceptional presentation, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
- Demonstrate teaching capabilities that relate to a variety of learning styles.
- Ability to always provide positive professional learning environment
- Strong commitment to academic excellence, student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Strong relationships with industry contacts and network connections are an asset
Apply to this requisition
| Print this requisition
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via the Contact page.
Based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority, Conestoga College will continue to take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our college community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process. Offers of employment are contingent upon compliance with our COVID Community Safety policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination, or a formal College approved exemption, will be required to fulfill this condition of employment.