Part-time Faculty, Heavy Duty Equipment Repair
School of Trades & Apprenticeship
Friday, December 9, 2022
Posted until position is filled
Academic - Part-time
Academic Part-time Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required. Conestoga offers classes Monday to Sunday from 8:00 am – 10:00 pm, both in-person and online.
Please note, successful candidates will commence employment for the 2022/2023 Academic Year.
The School of Trades & Apprenticeship is currently seeking a qualified professional to join the Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprenticeship, Motive Power Technician – Heavy Duty Equipment and Motive Power Techniques – Heavy Duty Equipment Repair program teams. Under the direction of the Chair, the Professor is responsible for providing the delivery of curriculum, development of an effective learning environment for students, and academic leadership:
- Ensure student awareness of course objectives, instructional approach, and evaluation systems
- Carry out regularly scheduled instruction according to the format prescribed for the course, including online, classroom, and computer-assisted lab lessons
- Evaluate student progress/achievement, assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within the assigned course, and maintain records as required
- Support students in the use of eConestoga, the learning management system (D2L), as well as maintain course materials within this system
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds, and learning styles
- Collaborate and build relations with other program faculty
- Certificate of Qualification 421A or 310T/425A with heavy equipment repair background is required
- Minimum of five years experience as a Journeyperson (421A or 310T/425A with a heavy equipment repair background) required
- Scholarly applied research focus
- Adult or post-secondary level teaching experience is an asset
- Experience with curriculum development is an asset
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g. D2L, Zoom) is an asset
- Strong leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
Apply to this requisition
| Print this requisition
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via the Contact page.
Based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority, Conestoga College will continue to take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our college community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process. Offers of employment are contingent upon compliance with our COVID Community Safety policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination, or a formal College approved exemption, will be required to fulfill this condition of employment.