Part-time Faculty, Human Resources Management
School of Business
Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST
Academic - Part-time
Academic Part-time Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
The School of Business is currently seeking qualified professionals to teach courses part-time starting Spring and Fall 2023 in the Strategic Global Business Management program at our Downtown Kitchener and Brantford Campuses
We are currently looking for candidates who can teach during the college hours (day, evening and weekends) for in-person delivery.
Part-time faculty must be available to teach three to six hours per week. Classes are typically scheduled within college hours of operation, Monday to Saturday between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.. In some instances, classes will be scheduled outside of this time frame and may include Sunday.
This position is governed by the applicable legislation of the Province of Ontario. Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required.
- Ensure student awareness of course objectives, instructional approach, and evaluation systems
- Carry out regularly scheduled instruction according to the format prescribed for the course, including online, classroom, and computer-assisted lab lessons
- Evaluate student progress/achievement, assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within the assigned course, and maintain records as required
- Support students in the use of eConestoga, the learning management system (D2L), as well as maintain course materials within this system
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds, and learning styles
- Collaborate and build relations with other program faculty
- MBA required
- CHRL Designation required
- Minimum of three years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with curriculum development is an asset
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g. D2L, Zoom) is an asset
- Strong leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Previous adult or post-secondary level technical teaching experience is an asset
Apply to this requisition
| Print this requisition
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via the Contact page.
Based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority, Conestoga College will continue to take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our college community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process. Offers of employment are contingent upon compliance with our COVID Community Safety policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination, or a formal College approved exemption, will be required to fulfill this condition of employment.