Part-time Faculty, Clinical Research Program
School of Health & Life Sciences
Friday, September 29, 2023
Posted until position is filled
Academic - Part-time
Academic Part-time Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
The School of Health & Life Sciences is currently seeking qualified professionals to teach courses part-time starting Spring/Fall 2024 in the Clinical Research program. We require faculty for courses in a variety of subject areas, including:
- Clinical Research Foundation
- Clinical Research Regulation
- Clinical Research Project Management
- Research Ethics
- Clinical Laboratory Procedures
Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required. Conestoga offers classes Monday to Sunday from 8:00 am – 10:00 pm with these courses being delivered in-person.
Applications to this posting will be provided to the hiring team on a bi-weekly schedule and reviewed in consideration with vacancies across programs within the School of Applied Computer Science & IT. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Ensure student awareness of course objectives, instructional approach, and evaluation systems
- Carry out regularly scheduled instruction according to the format prescribed for the course, including online, classroom, and computer-assisted lab lessons
- Evaluate student progress/achievement, assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within the assigned course, and maintain records as needed
- Support students in the use of eConestoga, the learning management system (D2L), as well as maintain course materials within this system
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment that supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds, and learning styles
- Collaborate and build relations with other program faculty
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum of three years of relevant industry experience
- Previous adult or post-secondary level teaching experience is an asset
- Experience with curriculum development is an asset
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g., D2L, Zoom) is an asset
- Strong leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
- Ability to relate to learners and create a positive learning environment for students working at different skill levels, including international students and students requiring accommodation
- Strong relationships with industry contacts and network connections are an asset
Apply to this requisition
| Print this requisition
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via the Contact page.