Part-time Casual Early Childhood Educator
Child Development Centre
Up to 24
Monday, November 6, 2023
Posted until position is filled
Support Staff - Part-time Casual
Support Staff Part-time Casual Positions – repost
Are you an Educator who is passionate about working with children and interested in sharing your skills with others?
In Conestoga’s dynamic environment, Educators collaborate within our unique lab school setting modelling the philosophy taught in Conestoga’s Early Learning programs, connecting the childcare experience with the academic environment while maintaining a professional relationship with the children, families, Educators, and faculty.
The incumbent implements quality programs for children aged 0-12 years old. Candidates are responsible for upholding the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) and the Staff Handbook guidelines.
The successful candidates will be employed on a casual basis and may be scheduled to work at any of the following Child Development Centres: Doon, Driftwood, Silverheights, John Darling, King Edward, JF Carmichael, Pioneer Park, Sandhills and Waterloo CNC.
Hours of work may be between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.; up to 24 hours per week; split shifts.
Applications to this posting will be provided to the hiring team on a weekly schedule and reviewed regularly. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Plans and adapts the program/environment to meet the needs of individual children, and implements quality programming for children ages 0-12 years old
- Ensures that the basic needs of children are met, including health and safety
- Provides ongoing supervision of all play areas and all activities/routines that occur
- Communicates respectfully with parents and ensures that messages are passed on to both parents, and other staff
- Ensures that any unusual situations are shared with Supervisor
- Attends staff meetings, contributes to team discussions, and participates in professional development that is made available
- Other related duties as assigned
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators in good standing or Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Recreation and Leisure, Child and Youth Care, or a related field
- Standard First Aid and CPR training required
- Clear vulnerable sector criminal record check and up to date immunization records required
Apply to this requisition
| Print this requisition
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via the Contact page.