Part-time Faculty, Conestoga Language Institute, EAP, ESL & LINC
School of Interdisciplinary Studies
Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Friday, May 31, 2024 at 11:59 PM EST
Academic - Part-time
Academic Part-time Position
We are currently accepting applications to teach English for Academic Purposes, English for Specific Purposes, and Language Instruction to Newcomers to Canada courses part-time. The courses focus on developing English language skills for academic and workplace success.
Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required. This position may require weekly on-site classes as needed. Many classes are offered through a hybrid work arrangement with various combinations of on-site and remote delivery.
- Ensure student awareness of course objectives, instructional approach, and evaluation systems
- Carry out regularly scheduled instruction according to the format prescribed for the course, including online, classroom, and computer-assisted lab lessons
- Evaluate student progress/achievement, assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within the assigned course, and maintain records as required
- Support students in the use of eConestoga, the learning management system (D2L), as well as maintain course materials within this system
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment that supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds, and learning styles
- Collaborate and build relations with other program faculty
- Master’s Degree in a related field is an asset
- Teaching English as a Second Language (OCELT) Graduate Certificate is required
- Minimum of three years teaching ESL, LINC, or EAP is preferred
- Experience with online course delivery is preferred
- Excellent leadership and teaching skills
- A strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a faculty team
Apply to this requisition
| Print this requisition
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via the Contact page.