Part-time Faculty, Truck & Coach Technician
School of Trades & Apprenticeship
Wednesday, December 6, 2023
Sunday, April 7, 2024 at 11:59 PM EST
Academic - Part-time
Academic Part-time Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes, and an engaged college community.
Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required. Conestoga offers classes Monday to Sunday from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m., both in-person and online.
The School of Trades & Apprenticeship is currently seeking a qualified professional to join the Motive Power Technician – Truck & Coach program team. Under the direction of the Chair, the faculty member is responsible for the following:
- Delivery of course material to students (theory and/or shop) in a professional manner
- Developing an effective and professional learning environment for students
- Designing, updating, and delivering a variety of courses and course materials as required
- Defining, evaluating, and validating program and course learning outcomes
- Developing a variety of delivery strategies for in-person and online classes as required
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and evaluating student progress and achievement (theory and lab)
- Assisting the program team in creating and updating shop workbooks as needed to promote industry-focused learning outcomes
- Creating shop projects and assignments that align/reinforce theoretical lessons
- Creating and maintaining a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Participating in department meetings, activities, tasks, and groups as required
- Participating in open house or college/program promotional activities if needed
- Maintaining trade-related currency
- Working in a collaborative, collegial manner both within the department and across the college
- Assisting in developing partnerships within the industry
- Certificate of Apprenticeship and Certificate of Qualification as a Truck and Coach Technician (310T)
- Five years of practical experience in a full-service repair facility at the Journeyperson level
- Member in good standing with Ontario College of Trades
- Previous adult or post-secondary level teaching experience is considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g., D2L) are preferred
- Exceptional presentation, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
- Demonstrate teaching capabilities that relate to a variety of learning styles
- Ability to always provide a positive professional learning environment
- Strong commitment to academic excellence, student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Strong relationships with industry contacts and network connections are considered an asset
Apply to this requisition
| Print this requisition
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via the Contact page.