Part-time Early Childhood Educator - Repost
Child Development Centres
Up to 24
Thursday, November 19, 2020
Posted until position is filled
Support Staff - Part-time Casual
Support Staff Part-time Casual Positions
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves around the world and in our local community, Conestoga College continues to adjust plans based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority. Considering these unprecedented circumstances, final hiring decisions remain contingent upon confirmed enrolment numbers and the evolving work environment. Conestoga College will take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our College community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process, including the scheduling of remote interviews.
We require qualified Early Childhood Educators to model the philosophy of the Conestoga College Early Learning Programs and maintain professional relationships with children, families, and Educators. The incumbent implements quality programs for children aged 0-12 years old. Candidates are responsible for upholding the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) and the Staff Handbook guidelines.
The successful candidates will be employed on a casual basis and may be scheduled to work at any of the following Child Development Centres: Doon, Driftwood, Silverheights, Glencairn, King Edward, JF Carmichael, Pioneer Park, Sandhills, and Waterloo CNC.
Hours of work may be between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.; up to 24 hours per week; split shifts.
- Plans and adapts the program/environment to meet the needs of individual children, and implements quality programming for children ages 0-12 years old
- Ensures that the basic needs of children are met, including health and safety
- Provides ongoing supervision of all play areas and all activities/routines that occur
- Communicates respectfully with parents and ensures that messages are passed on to both parents, and other staff
- Ensures that any unusual situations are shared with Supervisor
- Attends staff meetings, contributes to team discussions, and participates in professional development that is made available
- Other related duties as assigned
- Registered Early Childhood Educator or Rec and Leisure Diploma or equivalent required
- Standard First Aid and CPR training required
- Clear criminal reference check and up to date immunization records required
Apply to this requisition
| Print this requisition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.