Customer Care Specialist
Accessible Learning Services
$26.21 - $30.39
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST
Support Staff - Full-time
Support Staff Full-time Replacement Position (Full-time Support Staff will be given first consideration)
Reporting to the Manager of Accessible Learning, the Customer Care Specialist is the first point of contact for students and prospective students who may need to register with Accessible Learning Services.
Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required. It is anticipated that this position will meet the needs of the department through a fully on-campus work arrangement, working 5 days on-site, Monday to Friday at our Doon campus.
- Receives and directs in-person, email, and telephone inquiries appropriately related to Accessible Learning Services; assesses inquiries and makes appropriate referrals
- Explains documentation and eligibility requirements to students who wish to register with Accessible Learning
- Assist students, where appropriate and with consent, to obtain appropriate eligibility documentation when needed
- Briefly reviews eligibility documentation for relevance/completeness, and assigns the student to an Advisor as appropriate (by campus, area of expertise, etc.)
- Explains the accommodation process to prospective students, parents, school board staff, etc.
- Supports with basic accommodation-related tasks, such as booking online tests or assisting with booking adaptive technology appointments
- Provides frontline customer care in the office, through e-mail, and over the phone
- Responds to a potentially high volume of student inquiries and requests for appointments under complex, conflicting schedules, and tight timelines
- Provides timely and accurate information and referrals to students with attention to excellent and tailored customer service
- Assesses inquiries and makes decisions regarding nature and immediacy of need, and problem-solves urgent situations
- Actively monitors the Accessible Learning e-mail account
- Completes the daily opening and/or closing procedures for the Accessible Learning team
- Uploads and stores student eligibility documentation
- Processes requests for release of information/documentation relating to student files consistent with established protocols
- Assists with administrative tasks in support of the Resource Coordinator, Operations Officer, and other administrative functions of the department
- Maintains the ALS environment including tidiness, unattended belongings, clean tables and chairs, safety hazards, and general noise levels
- Supports triage and referrals for in-person questions regarding learning services.
- Directs students to self-help resources such as online booking learning services appointments, online workshops, study resource areas, open-access computer labs, and testing facilities as needed.
- Ensures students are welcomed and accommodated during check-in for appointments of all learning services within the space
- Two-year Diploma in Office Administration, Social Service Work, Health Office Administration, Adult Education, Psychology or equivalent required
- Two years of experience working in a post-secondary setting or providing support to adult learners required
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, handling sensitive and confidential information, and using discretion when responding to inquiries for service
- Excellent judgment and sensitivity when interacting with distressed students/clients
- Customer service skills in responding to a variety of stakeholders with differing types of inquiries
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely when eliciting information or communicating with students
- Ability to quickly analyze information to provide the most appropriate response, referral, or resource
- Strong time management skills and ability to work with tasks that may have competing deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of MS office suite, and comfort learning new software and information systems
Apply to this requisition
| Print this requisition
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via the Contact page.
Based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority, Conestoga College will continue to take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our college community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process. Offers of employment are contingent upon compliance with our COVID Community Safety policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination, or a formal College approved exemption, will be required to fulfill this condition of employment.