Part-time Administrative Support Clerk (2 Vacancies)
Professional Resource Centre
$18.24 - $20.89
Up to 24
Thursday, September 22, 2022
Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST
Support Staff - Part-time Regular
Support Staff Regular Part-time Position (Part-time Support Staff will be given first consideration)
The Professional Resource Centre (PRC) provides a large variety of services to professionals and students in the Early Learning and Child Care Sector. The incumbent will provide clerical support in the day-to-day operations of the PRC. This includes working as part of the library team, providing information, directing and supporting members in the use of the resources, enhancements, research, and equipment available at the PRC as well as maintaining office supplies and resources. This position also provides support to our students in a variety of programs that may hold a placement with our organization.
We are recruiting for two vacancies. The successful candidate(s) will work a minimum of 15 hours, Monday to Friday between 8:30am – 8:30pm. This role will work onsite at the Doon Campus.
- Provide customer service to members and the general public face to face, by telephone and through e-mail by providing general information, guidance/advice, and clarification regarding services and events
- Respond to requests for information from other departments, students, and the public; either providing the information or directing the request to the employee most suited to respond
- Ensure office equipment (photocopiers, faxes, printers, folding machine, safe) is functional, arranges maintenance as required
- Assist in booking and coordinating special events and functions hosted by the PRC as well as supporting these events by creating marketing materials, special event forms and other resources as dictated by the event and/or supporting with attendance and presenter guidance
- Support the creation and communication of marketing materials, special event forms and other resources as dictated by the event and/or supporting with attendance and presenter guidance
- Develop and communicate the weekly News-Bulletin
- Regularly update and maintain the PRC website
- Monitor registration system for daily functionality
- Check items in and out of the PRC library, following through with missing, damaged or late items, as well as coding, labelling, and entering new items to the library system (maintaining inventory)
- Order materials and resources
- Maintain inventory of resources
- Two year diploma in Office Administration, Early Childhood Education, or a related field of study
- Excellent client service skills
- Knowledge of computers and MS Office Suite
- Proficiency with SharePoint, Office 365, Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.?
- Proficient with virtual platforms such at Teams and Zoom
Apply to this requisition
| Print this requisition
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via the Contact page.
Based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority, Conestoga College will continue to take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our college community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process. Offers of employment are contingent upon compliance with our COVID Community Safety policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination, or a formal College approved exemption, will be required to fulfill this condition of employment.