Part-time Faculty, Applied Computer Science & Information Technology
School of Applied Computer Science & Information Technology
Friday, September 15, 2023
Posted until position is filled
Academic - Part-time
Academic Part-time Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
The School of Applied Computer Science & Information Technology is continuously seeking qualified professionals to teach courses part-time.
Conestoga offers classes Monday to Sunday from 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m., both in-person and online. Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required. Teaching opportunities in the School of Applied Computer Science & IT are available at the Waterloo campus located at 180 University Ave, the downtown Kitchener campus at 49 Frederick St, the Guelph campus at 460 Speedvale Ave W, and in Milton at 8160 Parkhill Drive.
Applications to this posting will be provided to the hiring team on a bi-weekly schedule and reviewed in consideration with vacancies across programs within the School of Applied Computer Science & IT. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Ensure student awareness of course objectives, instructional approach, and evaluation systems
- Carry out regularly scheduled instruction according to the format prescribed for the course, including online, classroom, and computer-assisted lab lessons
- Evaluate student progress/achievement, assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within the assigned course, and maintain records as required
- Support students in the use of eConestoga, the learning management system (D2L), as well as maintain course materials within this system
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds, and learning styles
- Collaborate and build relations with other program faculty
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; Master’s Degree and/or PhD are considered an asset
- Experience teaching in adult education is an asset
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated experience incorporating relevant technologies in the field
- Knowledge and experience using course/learning management systems (i.e., D2L) is an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, intercultural, and collaborative skills
- Ability to relate to learners and provide a positive learning environment to students working at different skill levels including international students and students requiring accommodation
- Proven administrative skills to include developing and maintaining curriculum documents and instructional plans
- Strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Able to work independently
- Knowledge of the college environment and processes is considered an asset
Apply to this requisition
| Print this requisition
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources via the Contact page.